|Pages: Previous      1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ..... 43 44 45 46       Next|
Maintenance and Service
Remeha Avanta Plus 24c - Faulty Remeha Pressure Gauge 720481001 S62733
If pressure gauge doesn't move up when the filling loop is opened and doesn't move down to 0 when heating system is drained then the boiler pressure gauge is faulty. No need to drain the system to replace the pressure gauge, It has a built-in mechanism to automatically seal the pocket.
The replacement part: Remeha Pressure Gauge 720481001 S62733
Glowworm Betacom 24 - leaking Glowworm Water Cock 22mm 0020027544
Glowworm Water Cock 22mm 0020027544 under the boiler is leaking.
2 valves on the left-hand side are central heating service valve and the over time can develop a leak.
They can not be repaired and require replacement.
Crosswater flow cartridge (x2A071N) leaking
Crosswater flow cartridge -x2A071N needs replacement if the shower valve is leaking from the bath filler or from the shower head.
Water has to be isolated to the valve before removing the cartridge.
1/2" hexagon key required to unscrew the cartridge
Worcester Worcester Greenstar Junior 24i, 28i - Faulty MT10 Single Channel Mechanical Boiler Clock (7716192036
- It can turn itself on when it's not supposed to be on.
- The selector switch between "ON" "OFF" "TIMER" does not diffirintiate
To replace the clock remove the boiler front casing and remove one screw from the bracket which holds the clock. With power off to the boiler repalce the part.
S960134NU Thermostatic Cartridge Issues and Solutions
The Ideal Standard / Trevi S960134NU thermostatic cartridge is used in a number of different shower valves which were made post 1997. The brass construction of the cartridge is prone to limescale buildup, therefore the cartridge can and will deteriorate over time. If you live in a hard water area the cartridge will fail sooner than if you lived in a soft water area.
As always, to extend the life-cycle of a thermostatic cartridge we at Di Vapor® recommend customers install a water softener of some sorts to reduce the calcium lime that enters the valve. If you need to replace the cartridge you can buy one here:
So what are the issues you'd expect to find in a shower valve that has one of these faulty S960134NU cartridges? Below are a list of the issues:
- Your shower will not regulate temperature correctly. This can come in a number of different ways. You mayexperience spiking or fluctuating water temperatures where one second the water is luke warm, the next scolding hot, the next cold. This is most definitely a tell tale sign of a cartridge which is on its last legs. The cartridge can also become seized up on the inside which will mean that it not even change the temperature of the water. In this scenario you'll only get one temperature out of the valve, at which ever point the cartridge has seized up.
- Leaking: The cartridge may need replacing if water is leaking from around where the thermostatic cartridge is installed into the shower mixer valve. This is due to a deterioration of the cartridge.
- Water temperature not changing fast enough. When you turn the temperature knob on your shower the water should change temperature within a couple of seconds (if it is receiving a steady flow of hot and cold water). If the temperature of the water takes longer than this then the thermostatic element in the shower cartridge is struggling to adjust the cartridge.
In all of the above scenarios, should your shower be receiving a balanced feed of hot and cold water then the solution is to replace the thermostatic cartridge. If you need a S960134NU, you can buy one here.
2016-11-11Pages: Previous      1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ..... 43 44 45 46       Next