|Pages: Previous      1 2 3 4 5 ..... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47       Next|
Maintenance and Service
Aqualisa Aquavalve 609 thermostatic
Dripping water from a shower rose. Water is constantly dripping from the shower head. A thermostatic cartridge has worn out and need replacement. Isolate a cold and hot water supply before replacing the cartridge. Pull off the on-off nahdle and unscrew 4 screws holding the cartridge. Replace the cartridge with a new one. The part number is 022801. Estimate price is £120. You can order this part from here.
Aqualisa Aquavalve 409 manual shower valve is dripping
The water is constantly dripping from the front of the shower valve and running on the tiles surface into a shower tray.
Remove the front handle and unscrew 4 screws to remove a temperature regulator. If water is leaking from the place where the cartridge connects a valve body then you need to isolate a cold and hot water supply to a shower and undo 4 screws those securing the cartridge. Remove the cartridge and replace or seal around a rubber washer. Then put everything back together the leak should stop.
If you see that the water is leaking from the middle of the cartridge where blue and black parts meet each other then the whole cartridge has to be replaced. The cartridge part number is 022804 and it can be ordered from here.
Viessmann Vitodens 100 W Compact Outer case fixing clips
Wall mounted gas fired condensing boiler with Inox-Radial heat exchanger with an improved modulation range of 1:4. These new model come with a 5 year comprehensive parts and labour warranty as standard as well as a 10 year warranty on the Inox-Radial stainless steel heat exchanger. The maximum heat output can be adjusted to suit the heat load of the property. This model will run on natural gas or LPG by adding a simple conversion kit.
Its new sturdier casing improves ease of servicing (with all parts easily accessible from the front), reduces the weight and further reduces the class-leading noise emissions. The problem with this case is that it has removable plastic fixings at the top which are easy to break or to lose after years of servicing and maintenance. This model is quite rear to find in UK properties and not many gas engineers can easily finger out how to remove the casing. They try hard and can often break the clips.
I was doing a gas safety inspection in a property with one of those boilers and found the casing to be loose at the top. This breaks the seal for the air intake chamber and a boiler can use an air from the kitchen to burn gas. I classified this appliance as AR until I can get two clips to fix the cover properly.
The clips part number is 7817500 can be ordered from Parts Centre.
Boiler manual PDF
Main Combi 24 HE - Hot water is lukewarm
if I don't turn on the hot tap quite so fully, I got a much hotter water coming out of the bath tap. The kitchen sink always seemed to produce very hot water while the bath tap didn't. I've concluded that the reason is that the kitchen tap has a narrower spout and therefore a slower rate of flow than the bath tap. If the bath tap is turned full on, the combi therefore can't heat up the water fast enough.
- Diverter valve is faulty.
- Turn your central heating off and allow to cool for 45 minutes, important the CH must be cool.
- turn your domestic hot water on only at the kitchen tap, run till hot, decrease slightly, get water as hot as you can, allow to run for 5 minutes.
- With tap run running locate flow and return CH pipes under combi' they should be cool to the touch,
- if not the diverter valve have to be replaced.
- The replacement part is BAXI 248062 VALVE 3 WAY ASSY
- Scaled up plate heat exchanger. Well you can put general cleaner in the system, which will pump through the heat exchanger, and should remove scale albeit slowly. You then have to drain and flush the system a few times. Or you can drain down the boiler and remove the heat exchanger and put some directly in to it and leave it to descale (with DS30 or similar). Alternatively, you can hire a machine to pump descaler chemical back and forth through it, or take it to a local plumbing shop which offers the same service. Or if its really badly scaled and old, and you can get one cheap, and you value your time just replace it with a new one.
Boiler manual PDF
Potterton Prima 50C - Boiler is not firing but pilot light is on
Potterton Prima 60C boiler, about 12 years old, which is repeatedly tripping the spillage detector. The separate CO detector in the house isn't picking anything up. When the button is reset the boiler runs fine and sometimes cycles off and on as it should. At other times, though, the detector trips again (presumably when the room thermostat shuts the boiler down), and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. It's become much more frequent over the past 2 or 3 days -- yesterday it seemed to be tripping every time the boiler shut down.
If the main burner fails to light turn the boiler thermostat to the off position and check that the spillage detector thermostat reset button is pressed in, then repeat operation.
These devices do exactly what it say on the tin. This sounds like a flue problem. As you mentioned; when open the door sometimes it can trip. This may not happen on all occasions and the weather (temperature. air pressure and wind direction) can play tricks with problem chimneys.
- I would get the flue/chimney properly surveyed to ensure it complies with the requirements on BS5440 part 1. This includes proper testing. In addition to this ensure ventilation into the room where the boiler is located complies with BS5440 part 2 and of course manufacturer instructions.
- One further point; is the boiler in a compartment? If so I seem to remember that this model of boiler is not suitable for compartment installations. This too can cause nuisance tripping.
Boiler manual PDF
2013-02-02Pages: Previous      1 2 3 4 5 ..... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47       Next