|Pages: Previous      1 2 3 4 5 ..... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47       Next|
Maintenance and Service
Vaillant Boiler goes to lockout after 2 hours after reset
Boiler has started to shut down with the overheat lamp lit. This happens after the boiler has been running for at least 8 hours. Once reset, it will run again for a number of hours before tripping out again. The problem is more likely the central heating system than the boiler. Basically the hot water is not getting out of the boiler fast enough so that when the flame goes off the residual heat in the boilers internal heat exchanger causes the water to become overheated and trip the safety device.
- Has the pump speed been turned down? Turn it up to maximum.
- Do you have radiators and /or towel rail that have manual valves on (not thermostatic) to accept a flow of water when other rooms with thermostatic valves on have warmed up? If so are they open?
- Have you recently insulated some pipework that is meant to be uninsulated as part of a heat sink / by pass system.
- Is there a lot of air in the system preventing proper circulation?
- Is the system working properly otherwise? sludge in the system may prevent proper circulation.
- Is the flue is not blocked?
- Does the pump connected to overrun?
- Is by-pass valve opened?
Main Combi 24 HE - Flame failure light on boiler
Combi boiler Main 24 HE was fitted about four months ago and it's been fine up until today when the flame failure light flashes when you turn the hot water tap on. I've had a look at the troubleshooting section in the boiler manual and have tried resetting to no avail. I have also checked the pressure gauge which seems fine. The book says that the boiler may have over heated, it has been on non stop since last night so I've left it to cool, but failing that, any ideas what the problem could be?
- condensation trap blocked, clear it
- minimum burner pressure should be checked,
- on/off/reset switch to be checked/replaced,
- check Electrode and flame sensing lead,
- air pressure switch, ( unlikely ),
- then and only then should you suspect the PCB.
Boiler manual PDF
Ariston Microgenus HE Combi Boiler - Fault A01 faulty PCB replacement 65103422 (Replaces 65102571)
Ariston Microgenus HE Combi Boiler works for 7 seconds and then goes to a lock-out with a fault code A01 on a screen
- Turn the central heating or hot water on
- remove the front cover and watch the spark electrodes
- If they continue to spark after the flame is present then check the flame sensing electrode (the left hand side one)
- if it looks intact then check the wire from it to PCB for continuity with a multimeter
- If there is a continuity then replace a PCB
- The replacement part number is ARISTON PCB (PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD) 65103422 (REPLACES 65102571) (MICROGENUS HE 24,28 & 32)
Potterton Prima 50C - Boiler goes to lockout 2 times a day
If it locks out in the morning it may be the spark electrode that gets damp overnight if it has a hairline crack in it, it will usually recover once it has some voltage put through it, hence it lighting on the second attempt, and sometimes the gas control valve sticks. If it is overheating then I would usually check the system and bypass first, and I would replace the overheat and boiler stat sensors before shelling out for a costly pcb.
Boiler manual PDF
Main System HE - Flame goes off after 10 seconds.
The PCB is faulty (5112380) or flame sensing electrode is not positioned correctly or broken. If there is 1µA current on a sensing electrode, then PCB need replacement. Otherwise the sensing electrode. Main technical support number is 0844 871 1570. The gas valve is faulty if when boiler is in the lock out there are 20 VDC across two black wires for the main solenoid valve.
Boiler manual PDF.
2013-01-23Pages: Previous      1 2 3 4 5 ..... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47       Next