Crosswater flow cartridge -x2A071N needs replacement if the shower valve is leaking from the bath filler or from the shower head.
Water has to be isolated to the valve before removing the cartridge.
1/2" hexagon key required to unscrew the cartridge
|< Go Back||2017-01-19|
Crosswater CP0000250 Cartridge - Limescale Problems
In this quick article, we'll describe how to replace a Crosswater CP0000250 Thermostatic Cartridge and detail the main cause of cartridge failure; limescale.
When there is a lot of limescale in water it's called hardwater. Conversely, when there is little limescale in water, this is called softwater. Generally a thermostatic cartridge like the CP0000250 will last longer in a softwater area. Why is this? Limescale, which is a hard substance made of calcium carbonate, builds up and calcifies on the cartridge. For a thermostatic cartridge to operate the moving internal parts need to be able to move without hinderence. This movement is inhibited when limescale builds up on the cartridge. Unfortunately, as the limescale is hard, it can even wear away the internal workings of the thermostatic cartridge as the moving part grind against the hardened limescale buildup.
You have two options to fix this problem:
1. Soak the cartridge in limescale remover. The advantage of this is it can get you up and running within the hour. The disadvantage of this is that it's usually only a temporary solution and a new cartridge is needed to fix it long term. You may find that the thermostatic cartridge doesn't work even after the limescale remover has been tried.
2. Buy a new cartridge. This'll bring your shower mixer valve back to its original operational functionality and will fix the problem for usually the same amount of time the cartridge took to fail in the first instance (as mentioned, it's all to do with the amount of limescale in the water which is passing through your shower mixer valve). The cartridge could last for 2 years or it could last for 20 years. If you need the Crosswater CP0000250 (also known as the GP0000250) you can buy it here.
|< Go Back||2015-10-16|
Crosswater Belgravia thermostatic mixer shower not regulating water temperature correctly.
- First, make sure there is a balanced hot and cold water feed entering the shower mixer. If there isn't, the thermostatic cartridge may have trouble mixing the water.
- Check whether there is a constand supply of hot water entering the shower mixer
- If the above two points are okay then isolate the hot and cold water supply and remove the thermostatic cartridge.
- Make sure there is nothing blocking the gauze filters on the thermostatic cartridge.
- If nothing is blocking gauze filters, replacing the thermostatic cartridge is likely to fix the problem.
- The corect part number is Crosswater CA43-29 Thermostatic Cartridge
|< Go Back||2015-09-08|
Crosswater minimalistic shower bar is leaking from a shower head when closed
- Ceramic discs flow cartridge is letting by and needs replacement
- Turn off the water supply to the shower before replacing the part
- The part number is Crosswater Flow Valve CROSS-CG1210FA1
|< Go Back||2015-01-03|
Crosswater SOL shower valve thermostat has got stack and doesn't turn
- Replace thermostatic cartridge
- The replacement part is Crosswater thermostatic cartridge assembly - GP0012174
|< Go Back||2014-05-03|
Crosswater Designer wall outlet hose attachment, Thermostatic shower valve with bath spout and diverter or shower option SME-029. A problem with water temperature. The water is too cold when you turn the temperature to maximum. Termostat adjustment doesnt make water any wormer. Cartridge have to be replaced. The manufacturers website. The cartridge part number is SC50-T20 and it can be ordered from here.
|< Go Back||2013-01-23|