This is a quick article for people who have a problem with their Hudson Reed (or Ultra) Concealed Twin thermostatic shower mixer.
As this is an older mixer, the thermostatic cartridge will deteriorate over time. The inner workings of the cartridge will gather calcium carbonate, also known as limescale. This calcified substance is hard therefore as the innerworkings of the cartridge move, given enough time, even brass will start to corrode and wear down. For this particular Ultra Concealed Twin Thermostatic Shower Mixer you'll need a Hudson Reed SA30049 Thermostatic Cartridge.
When the thermostatic cartridge is faulty you will generally experience a drop in shower performance through either:
1. Poor water flow.
2. Unable to get the correct water temperature, i.e. You set the temperature to 38C however it is clearly not 38C.
3. You will experience fluctuations in water temperature. Please do ensure that you are getting a constant feed of hot and cold water to your shower as this could also be the problem.
4. The thermostatic temperature handle is stiff or even completely seized up.
Solution: Replace with an SA30049 cartridge.
|< Go Back||2015-11-11|
Hudson Reed Traditional Dual Exposed Thermostatic Shower Valve ITY309 - Thermostatic cartridge replacement DC70T
Traditional Dual Exposed Thermostatic Shower Valve ITY309 doesn't mix hot water
- Isolate hot and cold water supplies to the shower
- Remove the thermostatic cartridge from the shower body
- The thermostatic cartridge is held in place by a brass nut.
- The thermostatic cartridge will need a little shake once nut being removed to come out of the body
- Put the cartridge into a de-scaler and leave for 1 hour
- If the thermostatic cartridge still soesn't mix hot water then cartridge replacement is required
- The replacement part is Hudson Reed, Ultra, Crosswater Thermostatic Cartridge DC70T32 with 20 teeth
|< Go Back||2015-09-26|
If the shower valve doesn't give any hot water but other hot water outlets in the property do then the thermostatic cartridge needs replacement.
- Shower valve: Hudson Reed Kia/Jule Twin Concealed Thermostatic Shower Valve A3010
- Thermostatic cartridge part number is SA30049
|< Go Back||2013-10-03|