Ideal Isar HE24 boiler heating radiators when hot water is on.
- If central heating is OFF but the radiators are still getting hot when hot water is running and hot water temperature is not very hot then the Diverter valve could be a problem
- To test when the radiators are cold and boiler was not working for a while open hot water tap and touch the right hand-side 22mm pipe.
- If the pipe is getting hot then replace the diverter valve.
- Diverter valve kit part number is 173624
|< Go Back||2017-04-14|
Ideal Mini C24, C28, C32
- The CO level is too high for the first minute but then stabilises
- The gas valve inlet pressure is 19mbar but gas valve burner pressure is too low
- Replace the gas valve
- Gas Valve 172611,173220, BI1193105
|< Go Back||2016-06-25|
Ideal Logic 30 combi boiler timer doesn't work
- Timer is faulty if its making a very loud ticking sound
- If the clock hands don't move or time doesn't change
- To replace the timer turn off the power to the boiler and remove the front cover of the boiler
- Faulty timer 204839
|< Go Back||2016-02-06|
Ideal Icos HE24 system boiler is leaking from under the boiler
- Remove the casing and sealing cover
- Check the air release valve for leaks at the right back corner
- If it leaks then replace the part
- To replace the part:
- Drain the boiler.
- Remove the turret from the boiler.
- Release the silicon tubing from the sample point.
- Release the electrical connections from the dry fire
- Release the electrical connections from the spark
- Remove the M5 nut retaining the flue casting spring clip
and remove the spring clip.
- Undo the 2 M5 x 10 flue spring clip retaining bracket
screws and remove the bracket.
- Remove the M5 x 10 screw retaining the flue casting.
- Remove the flue casting.
- Remove the screw and rear bracket. Pull the air vent and
plug assembly from the heat exchanger and replace with
the parts supplied in the air vent kit.
- Re assemble the boiler in reverse order.
- Refill the boiler. Refer to frame 30. Check for leaks around
the new air vent joint.
- Check the operation of the boiler.
- The replacement part is Ideal 170988 Auto Air Vent Kit made on to an adaptor with o-ring seal
|< Go Back||2014-11-08|
Ideal isar 24 HE combination boiler doesn't have any lights on a user display
- check the 2 Amp fuse on a PCB
- If the fuse is OK then replace the Printed Circuit Board
- The part number is: Ideal Icos / Isar HE series Primary control pcb (V9) 174486
|< Go Back||2014-04-25|
The boiler's pilot light is on and the there is a power supply to it but the boiler is not firing when heating is on. To test a gas valve turn the heating on and turn the boiler thermostat on. Check voltage between brawn and blue wires to the gas valve. If there is 240V across then the gas valve is faulty and need replacement. The part number is 078560 (GCN: 41-407-96) and it can be ordered from here. Part number from boiler manual is 586731900 (GCN: 395685).
Boiler manual PDF
|< Go Back||2013-02-25|